Artwork Guidelines & Copyright

The information below has been provided to help you prepare your artwork for the proofing process and printing.
Please see below artwork speciation for the replication process.

Artwork Templates

The disc, packaging and paper parts all have various different templates depending on the style and type of case/artwork you are producing. The artwork templates can be found simply on our website under Artwork Templates at the top of the website, these are available as downloads in the form of PSD/PDF files. If you are unsure what templates you need please feel free to get in to contact.

Working with the artwork Templates

We provide PDF files that can be directly opened or imported in to your preferred graphics software. Once you have downloaded your templates you can use a multiple of graphics programmes to edit your artwork in, the most common being Adobe Photoshop. If you are not sure on how to do this yourself please contact us as we would be more than happy to help.

Key points to take in mind when working with artwork

Layers of Templates

When you are designing your artwork it is good practice to not move of adjust the template layers already on the template. Do not merge or flatten the layers in your template, when you go ahead and save the artwork all you have to do is turn the layer off to hide these guides.


Bleeding and Safety Areas

When printing it is essential to leave the necessary bleed on your artwork, this should be at least a 3mm bleed. The layers on the templates actually show the bleed lines, so please take these in mind when designing your artwork. The bleed area is where part of the design will actually go beyond the trim edge, so when printing let’s say paper parts they would be printed with the safety area in mind so that it will be trimmed to size accurately without losing any essential artwork. It is almost the same when printing on discs, when you design your artwork you should give it at least a 3mm edge gap for bleed, try to avoid any essential components such as text being near to the edge of the artwork.

Submitting Your Artwork and Proofing Process


When submitting your artwork the paper parts should be saved and sent as PDF files and Disc artwork as JPEG files. When sending your artwork please label them with the reference number of your order, this way we can allocate and check your artwork accordingly.

When you send your artwork in one of our production managers will take a look at it and make sure it is in the correct templates as well as doing a few other checks. They will then send you a confirmation proof; you will be required to sign it off. You can do this by simply replying to the email with the link attached to the proofs. Please note that the approval process is not a last chance spelling check or artwork check in our production process, if you have any artwork queries please let us know before the proofing stage.

Copyrights and MCPC- PRS

At B2B Replication we have to legally ensure all the content produced in-house for audio is covered and ready to be manufactured. This will mean providing the MCPS licence for the content; this shows us that you have the relevant authorisation to reproduce the content.

If you do not have a licence yet do not worry yourself as you can easily fill out the MCPS AP2 License application form by simply clicking and following the link below.

MCPS AP2 License Application Form


MCPS Ltd, Elgar House, 41 Streatham High Road, London, SW16 1ER
020 8378 7500

MCPS The Mechanical Copyright Protection Society Ltd

The Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society (MCPS) represents members’ mechanical rights, whenever a piece of music is reproduced as a physical product.

Mechanical rights royalties are different to performing rights as they are paid to the songwriter, composer or publisher when music is reproduced as a physical product or for broadcast or online.

The Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society exists as a legal entity, company name and as a brand for physical products’ mechanical rights. Royalty cheques come from the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society Limited, and cheques can be sent to the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society Limited. It is registered at Companies House. 

Why do you need this Licence?


When you produce new content by either writing or recording it your copyright protection actually begins. This means that the writer has the right to decide who can make recordings of the content and to what terms they produce it to. These rights come under the copyright, designs and patents act 1988 (CDPA), providing the owners of the content the rights given below.


If anyone person who does the above or authorises another to do these acts without consent from you the copyright owner, they infringe on these copyright laws and are breaking the law.